We often hear that to be successful, it’s important to go with the flow. But if you’re looking for ways to make your business stand out, you might also consider going against the grain. Contrary to popular belief, it could be the key to increased sales! Read on to learn why going against the grain may be just the ticket to success.
1. Turning Expectations into Results: Make More Sales by Being Contrary
Even though sales have an air of emptiness to them, they do not have to be a meaningless endeavor. Indeed, the salesman can make sales if they think of their strategy in a non-linear way. Here are a few techniques to turn expectations into results!
- Reverse Marketing: Instead of using logical selling points, try to make the customer feel a certain way when shown the product. Emotion sell most if the story is told the right way.
- Make it Unconventional: Subvert market expectations by making a stand. Be contrary to what a customer expects and they will look at the product differently than how they initially view it.
- Understand Needs: Have empathy and get to know where the other person is coming from. Understand their wants and know what will solidify the deal.
The traditional approach to product sales can be tiresome and it takes true initiative to make a sale successfully. Many times, the purchase is within the customer’s prerogative, but if the customer truly identifies with the product, it can lead to success. Be creative and set yourself apart from the competition. A different mindset is key and can set you apart from the rest of the pack.
2. Benefits of Taking an Unconventional Approach
Taking an unconventional approach often presents a range of benefits that can help bring an advantage to the table. Whether you’re trying to solve a problem, stand out from the crowd, or optimize your performance, taking an atypical route could be the path you need.
- Innovation – Going an unconventional route encourages you to use innovative ideas and techniques to your advantage.
- Flexibility – Taking a nontraditional route allows you to be flexible by considering different perspectives and angles.
- Inspiration – Utilizing an offbeat approach can be inspiring and promote original thinking.
An unconventional approach doesn’t work for every situation, but it can be invaluable. This style of thinking can also help you stay open to criticism, use out of the box ideas to troubleshoot, and make sure you are well-rounded in your perspective.
3. Adopting an Effective Counterintuitive Selling Style
Leaving potential buyers guessing is an effective strategy for them to see your product in unique light. Try to create an intriguing narrative and promote an aura of mystery. Make sure to treat them with an equal amount of respect and fascination. Being direct and honest with your customers can help you build trust, but a step towards unorthodox discussions can be a refreshing change of pace.
Rather than telling your buyers all the product’s features, choose to focus on the benefits of your product. It can be easier to show people the transformation of using the product and to help them understand why they should be choosing it. Benefits-oriented sales methods can create a better emotional connection and give customers something unique they wouldn’t get from any other product.
- Connect with customers on a personal level.
- Stress the potential solution that your product offers.
- Emphasize how the customer experiences can be improved.
- Uniquely position your product in a customer’s mind.
4. Experienced Tactics for Making the Most of Contrary Sales Methods
When it comes to sales, opposing approaches can make it difficult to deliver. However, with a few savvy tricks, you can make the most of your contrary sales methods. Here are a few experienced tactics to help you succeed:
- Honesty is the Best Policy: Transparency is key when attempting to sell something to someone. Keep a sincere and honest approach that will help you cut through any opposing forces. By simply being open and forthright, you can quickly win over any customer.
- Demonstrate Your Difference: To separate yourself and your sales methods from your opponent’s, tap into your unique points. Showcase your products or services, and explain how it is different from the competition and why it is better.
- Adapt to the Audience: Every customer is different. To capitalize on your sales strategy, be sure to adjust it to the appropriate target. Speak to their individual needs, interests, and wants, and tailor the right solution for them.
- Know Your Competitive Edge: When you are competing against another sales method, it is essential to understand how you excel. If you understand what separates you from the competition, you can easily explain it to your customers and boost your chances of success.
If that sounds like a refreshing way to break out of your sales slump, consider learning a bit more about the ‘power of contra’. Your sales will thank you.